Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Emily - Final Presentation

For my final project I will be focusing on the themes of gender roles, sexuality and
media portrayals of women to articulate a commercial that outlines the expectations
placed on women by the media and the harm that it is causing.

My thesis is: The media’s depiction of women influences societies expectations of
females, which in turn, result in emotional, physical and social burdens among
American women.

Vision: I want to create a (hopefully entertaining) commercial that brings light to
the standards women are held to in modern society and film/reenact different ways
that American females are being harmed by it.

4 comments:

  1. Emily- This is a great project idea! Using a commercial is a great idea since commercials can be some of the biggest enforcers of gender roles in media. As a young woman who has been affected by the media, this is very relatable. I am excited to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I agree with the previous comment that a commercial is a great choice of medium because besides advertisements these were some of the first media used to reinforce these gender roles. I wish you would have elaborated a little more on your specific idea for the commercial though (characters, what they're doing, dress, etc.) to get the full idea! good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily,

    I think this is a really cool idea! I like how you chose to do a commercial to bring light on the standards women are held to. I can really relate to this topic and am excited to see how the commercial turns out!

    Aleana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily,

    I think this is a really cool idea! I like how you chose to do a commercial to bring light on the standards women are held to. I can really relate to this topic and am excited to see how the commercial turns out!

    Aleana

    ReplyDelete