Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Sal - Final Project

Bullying has been an issue that has plagued my own life and those of close friends, and what becomes the biggest struggle for me is what comes after. The internal conflict, the torment, and the simple nature that believing that being dead is the easiest way to stop the pain. Therefore, I felt like seizing the moment to deliver my own message. A message that is both expressive of my own internal conflict juxtaposed with the concept that life is really not that bad. A guided element of disjointed thoughts, by ending a thought abruptly, but coming back to the piece with something positive adds to the element of self doubt. With the incorporation of some transmedia, emotional affect with music based on some sort of instrumental score, and mocking the traditional script portrayed in modern media, I will deliver my message through spoken word. Through all of this I challenge the normalization that we have begun to create, and hopefully will force and urge individuals to break down the notions surrounding bullying and misconceptions of suicide. After all, we are all human, and we make mistakes, but one mistake easily avoidable is knowing when to bite your tongue and keep your mouth shut. Using two articles published by Karen Walden and Karen Knight and campaigns started on both Facebook and Twitter, I will be able to tell my story and the silent story of so many others afraid to speak up. Ultimately encapsulating the message that being kind to one another well end this silent plagued of suicide in direct adherence to holding each other up and bolster true, honest friendship.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment